Specifics of size, and content of these quilt squares.
1. Fabric should be washable.
2. Cut each corner of the material on the diagonal so that it won't unravel during washing.
3. Wash fabric in a mild detergent before cutting to the raw size. (If you don't prewash the material, the message may run after washing and the raw square may shrink to a less than ideal size).
4. Iron, if necessary, before cutting your squares.
5. Raw (unfinished) size is a square measuring 12.5" X 12.5".
6. All decoration or writing must be contained within the central 11" X 11" of each square.
7. TIP: Cut a small "slit" in the material and then "rip it". That ensures that your edge is straight. This is done running with the grain. The grain is the straight side of the material.
8. SIGN YOUR NAME SOMEWHERE INSIDE THE 11 X 11 ALLOWED DECORATABLE AREA
9. There are no hard and fast rules here. Go with your heart. A simple thank you, favorite or fitting scripture or quote.
Mail squares to:
P O Box 10565
Peoria, Illinois 61612
or e mail